1. The key of Dreams – represents the always – present gap between words and seeing in the painting. – see – know The way we see things is affected by what we know or what we believe (experience). We are always observing; soon after we can see, we are aware that we can also be seen.
– The meaning of the Original and how one is struck by its meaning. How one is influenced by the status.
3. The power that Man embodies – moral, physical, temperamental, economic, social, sexual – what he is able to do! Woman – her presence is manifest of her gestures, voice, opinions, expressions, clothes, chosen surrounding, taste – a woman is always accompanied by her image of herself.
5. Oil painting power of depicting things that are buyable and buy that you by not only the painting itself but the product it represents – the desire of possession.
7. The everyday messages around us – We are the active agent, we can look away, turn down the sound, make some cafe. Yet despite this, one has the impression that publicity images are continually passing us. We are static; they are dynamic – until the newspaper is thrown away, the television program continues or the poster is posted over. The unique language of the media: It proposes to each of us that we transform ourselves, or our lives, by buying something more. This more, it proposes, will make us in someway richer, even though we will be poorer by having spent out money. Publicity – manufacturing glamor – it depend so heavily upon the visual language of oil painting. But oil painting was addressed to those who made money out of the market. Publicity, on the other hand, is addressed to those who constitute the market, to the spectator – buyer who is also the consumer.
“All publicity works upon anxiety. The sum of everything is money, to get money is to overcome anxiety. Alternatively the anxiety on which publicity plays is the fear that having nothing you will be nothing”
The usage of sexuality to sell descends from the product you will be lovable “If you are able to buy this product you will be lovable” Glamor – The personal social envy. Making the individual powerless if he is not like someone else.